- Graduate Program
- Lena Burkett (Building Science, 2015), Chelsea Davis (SDC, 2016), and Robin DeLarm Neri (Renewable Energy Engineering, 2013) joined faculty member Dr. Jeff Ramsdell in presentation of their paper "Value of Energy Efficiency in Low-income Housing in South Africa" at the International Building Physics conference in Turin, Italy in June 2015.
- Dominick Manusos (Sustainable Technology, 2015) started the doctoral program in Technology Education at North Carolina State University in Fall 2015.
- Josh Smith (Building Science and Sustainable Technology, 2015) is a designer at Cypress Creek Renewables.
- Sean Collins (Building Science, 2014) and his wife Grace began their Peace Corps service in Swaziland in June 2015. They will serve in country until 2017.
- Bill Pfleger (Sustainable Technology and Building Science, 2013) is Senior Business Development and Marketing Specialist, Microgrids and Distributed Energy Resources, at Schneider Electric in Nashville, TN.
- Becky Hobden (Renewable Energy Engineering, 2013) is working as a chemical engineer developing an enzymatic process system for biodiesel production at Viesel Fuel in Stuart, Florida.
- Kacey Hoover (Sustainable Technology, 2013) authored the cover story published in the April 2013 issue of Solar Today magazine. Hoover is now a Regulatory and Policy Analyst at the North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association in Raleigh, NC.
- Chris Pike (Sustainable Technology, 2013) is a research engineer at the Alaska Center for Energy and Power at the University of Alaska-Fairbanks.
- David King (Building Science, 2012) is Energy Manager at Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC, where he works with WCU Sustainability Director Lauren Ray Bishop (Building Science, 2004).
- Landon Williams (Building Science, 2010) is Business Energy Advisor in Duke Energy's commercial energy efficiency program. In this role he oversees approximately 2,000 commercial accounts in the Charlotte, NC area.
ASU Sustainable Energy Society (Solar Club)
- Brent Summerville - Faculty Advisor
- Appalachian State University's chapter of the Sustainable Energy Society.
Epsilon Pi Tau
- Dr. Kevin Howell - Faculty Advisor of the ASU Chapter
- Encourages academic excellence of students in fields devoted to the general study of technology and the preparation of practitioners for the technology professions.
Graduate Student Government Association
- Kyle King, Department of Sustainable Technology Senator, 2018-2019
- The Graduate Student Government Association of Appalachian State University is an elected body through which the graduate students discuss their concern for the welfare of the graduate students at the University, develop and disseminate ideas for the improvement of graduate education, and contribute to the formation of relevant University policy.
Workshops for Graduate Students
- "Monthly listing of social and professional development workshops for graduate students"