Job Growth in Sustainability & the Building Industries
Sustainability is driving growth in many market sectors according to the US Energy and Employment Report (Jan 2017)
- Energy efficiency jobs increased by 133,000
- Solar industry employment jumped by over 73,000 jobs (25%)
- Wind industry employment added 25,000 new jobs (25%)
- 800,000 employees contribute to the production of low-carbon electricity
- Roughly 32 percent of the 6.5 million employees in the U.S. construction industry work on energy or building energy efficiency projects
Appalachian's Department of Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment is uniquely suited to make an impact on important global challenges and to serve this diverse labor market!