The general purpose of an internship is to give you practical experience applying the theory and content of coursework in your field. Internships are typically considered a capstone experience, taken toward the latter half of your academic career. The internship guides listed below provide important information about setting up and carrying out your internship. All internships must be approved by your program's internship coordinator prior to starting the internship. Each guide includes the necessary forms and a sample syllabus for the internship course.
For All Students
You must submit your completed internship contract with signatures, and the STBE internship Google form (link below) 2 weeks before your proposed start date! Failure to do this will result in a delayed start. If you miss these specific deadlines your internship WILL NOT BE APPROVED.
An overall 2.0 GPA and junior or senior status is required to register for an undergraduate internship.
2024 Spring: Broadest dates: January 16 - May 9, 2024
SPRING DEADLINE: MONDAY, JANUARY 1, 2024 BY 5:00 PM
2024 Summer I: Broadest dates: May 15 - June 28, 2024
SUMMER I DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2024 BY 5:00 PM
2024 Summer II: Broadest dates: July 3 - August 6, 2024
SUMMER II DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2024 BY 5:00 PM
Sustainable Technology Majors
Building Science Majors
All students in the Building Science program are required to complete a 6-credit hour internship as a part of their coursework. Additional information can be found on the ASULearn Building Science Resource page.
- Building Science Internship Guide [PDF, 198 KB]
- Graduate Student Internship Guide and Syllabus [PDF, 459 KB]
We value your involvement with our student interns and look forward to working with you! Please review the appropriate Information Guide provided above for detailed information about the structure and expectations of the internship experience.
Goals of the Internship
The goals of the internship are to:
- Provide the intern with a relevant, practical educational experience that reinforces academic coursework.
- Provide business or industry collaborators with qualified and experienced graduates.
- Acquaint the intern with the physical, academic, and professional requirements of his or her chosen field.
- Develop the intern's ability to search for and find employment.