The general purpose of an internship is to give you practical experience applying the theory and content of coursework in your field. Internships are typically considered a capstone experience, taken toward the latter half of your academic career. The internship guides listed below provide important information about setting up and carrying out your internship. All internships must be approved by your program's internship coordinator prior to starting the internship. Each guide includes the necessary forms and a sample syllabus for the internship course.
All hours for a summer 2021 internships must be worked between April 29th and August 14th.
· You must submit your internship proposal, with signatures, and the STBE internship Google form (link below) 2 weeks before your proposed start date! Failure to do this will result in a delayed start.
· For Summer 1 internships, proposal and Google form submission deadline is May 17th.
· For Summer 2 internships, proposal and Google form submission deadline is June 28th. This is the absolute last date a proposal will be accepted.
· An overall 2.0 GPA and junior or senior status is required to register for an internship.
Sustainable Technology Students
Building Science Students
All students in the Building Science program are required to complete a 6-credit hour internship as a part of their coursework. Additional information can be found on the ASULearn Building Science Resource page.
- Building Science Internship Guide [PDF, 198 KB]
- Graduate Student Internship Guide and Syllabus [PDF, 459 KB]
We value your involvement with our student interns and look forward to working with you! Please review the appropriate Information Guide provided above for detailed information about the structure and expectations of the internship experience.
Goals of the Internship
The goals of the internship are to:
- Provide the intern with a relevant, practical educational experience that reinforces academic coursework.
- Provide business or industry collaborators with qualified and experienced graduates.
- Acquaint the intern with the physical, academic, and professional requirements of his or her chosen field.
- Develop the intern's ability to search for and find employment.