- M.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology; 1980.
- B.E. in Engineering Economic Systems, Georgia Institute of Technology; 1974
- Developed the current curricula in Building Science with two tracks, one in Construction Management and the other in Architectural Technology and Design.
- Developed new courses – TEC 3748 Building Science, TEC 2758 Surveying andFoundations, TEC 4738 Planning and Scheduling, TEC 4758 Construction Administration, TEC 5129 Project Management, TEC 4728 Commercial Building Design, and TEC 5260 Renewable Energy Engineering.
- Developed a graduate program in Building Science.
- Numerous technical reports summarizing the findings of research conducted at Forecasting International Ltd. and Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Southern Profiles: Appropriate Technology in the Southeast. 1979. Prepared for the National Science Foundation.
- Guidebook for Technology Assessment and Impact Analysis. Tiller, J.S., A. Porter, S.
- Carpenter, F. Rossini, R. Larson and T. Roper. North Holland Publishing Co. 1980.
- Passive Solar Design: A Handbook for Georgia. Georgia Governor's Office of Energy Resources, 1985.
- Home Energy Projects. Georgia Governor's Office of Energy Resources, 1986; and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, Energy and Agriculture, 1987.
- Energy Design and Construction, A Manual for Energy Efficient and Passive Solar Homes. Prepared for the South Carolina Governor's Division of Energy, Agriculture and Natural Resources, 1988.
- Home Energy Scorecard. Served as co-author. Prepared for the South Carolina Energy Office, 1988.
- Builders' Guide to Energy Efficient Homes in Georgia. Prepared for the Georgia Governor's Office of Energy Resources, 1989. Revised in 1996.
- Builder's Guide to Energy Efficient Homes in North Carolina. Prepared for the North Carolina Department of Economic and Community Development, Energy Division, 1992.
- Builder's Guide to Energy Efficient Homes in Louisiana. Prepared for the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources, 1997.
- North Carolina State Energy Plan, 2003 and 2004. Prepared for the North Carolina State Energy Office. June, 2003.
- North Carolina Planbook for Affordable, Passive Solar Homes. Prepared for the North Carolina State Energy Office. June, 2005
- Builder's Guide to Energy Efficient Homes in Kentucky. Prepared for the Kentucky Division of Energy, June, 2005.
- Builder's Guide to Energy Efficient Homes in North Carolina. Prepared for the North Carolina State Energy Office. June, 2005.
- Affordable Passive Solar Planbook. Published by the NC State Energy Office. June, 2005.
- North Carolina State Energy Plan, 2009. State Energy Office. North Carolina Department of Commerce. April, 2009.
- Environmentally Responsible Design, Green and Sustainable Design for Interior Designers.
- Chapter 7: Energy, HVAC, and Water. (with Jeanne Mercer Ballard). Edited by Louise
- Jones. John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 2008. Detailed chapter for designers interested in sustainable building design.
- North Carolina State Energy Code, 2012. Key member of the Energy Conservation Subcommittee of the NC Building Codes Council that developed the energy code. Published by the NC Department of Insurance.
Title: Professor Emeritus
Department: Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment
Email address: Email me