- Ed.D, Physics Education Research, Appalachian State University
- M.S., Engineering Physics, Appalachian State University
- B.S., Electronic Engineering Technology, Appalachian State University
- Construction Technology
- Sound Recording, Acoustics and Harmonics
- General and Analytical Physics
- Electronics Engineering
Professional Affiliations or Organizations:
- American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT)
- Physics Instructional Resource Association (PIRA)
- Sigma Pi Sigma Physics Honor Society
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Cockman, J. (2010). A ‘Quickguide’ to inquiry-based physics laboratory reform. Doctoral dissertation, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC.
- Cockman, J. (2010). Diagnosing Course Diagnostics. Poster session presented at the Winter meeting of the American Association of Physics Teachers, Washington, DC.
- Cockman, J. and Allen, P. (2009). The RIPL effect on learning gains in lecture. Physics Education Research Conference 2009, Part of the PER Conference series (pp. 73-76). Melville, NY: American Institute of Physics.
- Cockman, J. (2009). Appalachian State’s Redesigned Introductory Physics Lab Project. Poster session presented at the Winter meeting of the American Association of Physics Teachers, Washington, DC.
- Cockman, J. (2003). An improved vacuum bazooka, The Physics Teacher 41(4) p. 246-247. Cockman, J. (2002). A bright color mixer, The Physics Teacher, 40(9), p. 553.
- PHY 1103 General Physics I
- PHY 1104 General Physics II
- PHY 1150 Analytical Physics I
- PHY 1151 Analytical Physics II
- PHY 1812 Sound and Recording
- PHY 1814 Acoustics and Harmonics
- PHY 5540 Teaching Introductory Physics Lab
- TEC 1023 Introduction to Electronics
- TEC 1708 Construction Methods
Department: Department of Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-8220