- Ph.D., Engineering Science – Construction Management concentration, Louisiana State University
- M.S., Construction Management, Louisiana State University
- M.S., Structural Engineering, Tafresh University, Iran
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Iran
- TEC 2739: Materials and Structures I
- TEC 3739: Materials and Structures III
Professional Affiliations or Organizations:
- U.S. Green Building Council, LEED Green Associate
- Sustainable Construction Materials
- Asphalt material characterization
- Construction Materials and Methods
- Soils in Construction
- Advance Material Characterization
- Shirzad, S., Hassan, M. M., and Mohammad, L. N. (2020). “Rheological and Mechanical Evaluation of Polyurethane Prepolymer-Modified Asphalt Mixture with Self-Healing Abilities.” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Volume 32 Issue 8.
- Aguirre, M. A., Hassan, Shirzad, S., M. M., Cooper, S., Mohammad, L. N., & Negulescu, I. I. (2020). “Evaluation of hollow-fibers encapsulating a rejuvenator in asphalt binders with recycled asphalt shingles.” International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, volume 13, issue1, pages 108-119.
- Shirzad, S., Hassan, M. M., Aguirre, M. A., Cooper, S., Mohammad, L. N., & Negulescu, I. I. (2019). “Rheological Properties of Asphalt Binder Modified with Recycled Asphalt Materials (RAS/RAP) and Light-Activated Self-Healing Polymers.” Construction and Building Materials, 220 187-195.
- Shirzad, S., Hassan, M. M., Aguirre, M. A., Cooper, S., Mohammad, L. N., & Negulescu, I. I. (2019). “Mechanical Performance of Asphalt Mixtures Containing Recycled Asphalt Materials (RAP/RAS) and Light-Activated Self-Healing Polymer.” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 31, Issue 11.
- Aguirre, M. A., Hassan, M. M., Shirzad, S., Cooper, S., & Negulescu, I. I., Mohammad, L. N. (2019). “Laboratory Testing of Self-Healing Fibers in Asphalt Mixtures Prepared with Recycled Materials.” Transportation Research Record. https://doi.org/10.1177/0361198119836978.
- Shirzad, S., Aguirre, M, Bonilla, L., Mohammad, L, Cooper, S. (2018). “Mechanistic-Empirical Pavement Performance and Cost-Effectiveness of Asphalt Mixtures Prepared with Recycled Asphalt Shingles.” Construction and Building Materials, 160 687–697.
Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Department of Sustainable Technology and The Built Environment
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-3119