- Ph.D. in Architectural Engineering-Construction, Pennsylvania State University
- Master of Architectural Engineering-Architecture, University of Guilan
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering, University of Guilan
- Construction Engineering
- Smart Buildings
- Sustainable Construction
- Integrated Building Systems
- Net-Zero Energy Buildings
- Eco-Friendly Architecture
- Fundamentals of Building Design & Construction
Professional Affiliations or Organizations:
- U.S. Green Building Council, LEED Green Associate
- DOE Building Science of Race to Zero
- Pennsylvania Housing Research Centre (PHRC)
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE), Construction Division
- Simulation-based energy optimization
- Kinetic building envelopes
- Optimum Geometrical Design Parameters
- Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings
- Window Shading Design
- Biomimicry in Construction Engineering
- Interactive Building Systems
- Innovative Construction
- Foroughi R, Mostavi E, Asadi S. “Determining the Optimum Geometrical Design Parameters of Windows in Commercial Buildings: Comparison between Humid Subtropical and Humid Continental Climate Zones in the United States”. Journal of Architectural Engineering. August 2018 8;24(4):04018026.
- Foroughi, R; “Optimum Geometrical Design Parameters of Windows in Residential Buildings”, 2018 IISE Annual Conference-The Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers. Orlando, USA, May 2018. Best paper award
- Foroughi, R.; Asadi, S.; Khazaeli, S.; “Optimum Aspect Ratio of Windows in Small Commercial Buildings: A Comparison between Seven Climate Zones in the United States”, Construction Research Congress (CRC), New Orleans, USA, April 2018.
- Foroughi, R.; Asadi, S.; “Energy Efficient Geometrical Design Parameters of Windows in Residential Building: A comparison between hot and cold climates in the United States”, 4th Residential Building Design & Construction Conference, State college, USA, February 2018.
- Foroughi, R.; “Climate-responsive Strategies in Vernacular Houses in Northern Iran (Gilan)”, The International Journal of the Constructed Environment, November 2016, Volume 8-issue 2.
- Foroughi, R.; Asadi, S.; “Evaluating the Impact of Window Design on Building Energy Consumption”, 11th Conference on Advanced Building Skin (ABS), Bern, Switzerland, October 2016.
- Mostavi, E.; Foroughi, R.; Asadi, S.; “Integration of End-User Satisfaction in Multi-Objective Optimization Model in Design of High-Performance Commercial Building”, 16th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering (ICCCBE), Osaka, Japan, July 2016.
- TEC 2758 Survey, Soils and Foundations
- TEC 4758 Planning and Scheduling
Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-8563