- Ph.D., Architectural Engineering-Construction, Pennsylvania State University
- M. Arch. Engineering, University of Guilan
- B.S., Architectural Engineering, University of Guilan
- Construction Engineering
- Smart Buildings
- Sustainable Construction
- Integrated Building Systems
- Net-Zero Energy Buildings
- Eco-Friendly Architecture
- Fundamentals of Building Design & Construction
Professional Affiliations or Organizations:
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- U.S. Green Building Council, LEED Green Associate
- DOE Building Science of Race to Zero
- Pennsylvania Housing Research Centre (PHRC)
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE), Construction Division
- Simulation-based energy optimization
- Kinetic building envelopes
- Optimum Geometrical Design Parameters
- Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings
- Window Shading Design
- Biomimicry in Construction Engineering
- Interactive Building Systems
- Innovative Construction
- Foroughi R. "Integrating Building Sciences Courses As an Integrated Project". ASEE Conferences, 2021. ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access, Virtual Conference, 2021, July. https://peer.asee.org/37356 Internet.
- Foroughi R, Mc Neil L, Khazaeli S. "Designing an Interactive and Energy Efficient Building Facade Using Photo Voltaic Panels." The International Journal of Architectonic, Spatial, and Environmental Design. April 2021, 15 (1): 71-83.
- Foroughi R, Asadi S, Khazaeli S. "On the Optimization of Energy Efficient Fenestration for Small Commercial Buildings in the United States". Journal of Cleaner Production. October 2020, 12:124604.
- Foroughi, R., Asadi, S. and Khazaeli, S. "New Approach in Designing a Kinetic Window Shading Using Optimization Methods". Journal of Architectural Engineering. September 2020 26(3), p.04020023.
- Foroughi R, Mostavi E, Asadi S. “Determining the Optimum Geometrical Design Parameters of Windows in Commercial Buildings: Comparison between Humid Subtropical and Humid Continental Climate Zones in the United States”. Journal of Architectural Engineering. August 2018 8;24(4):04018026.
- Foroughi, R; “Optimum Geometrical Design Parameters of Windows in Residential Buildings”, 2018 IISE Annual Conference-The Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers. Orlando, USA, May 2018. Best paper award
- Foroughi, R.; Asadi, S.; Khazaeli, S.; “Optimum Aspect Ratio of Windows in Small Commercial Buildings: A Comparison between Seven Climate Zones in the United States”, Construction Research Congress (CRC), New Orleans, USA, April 2018.
- Foroughi, R.; Asadi, S.; “Energy Efficient Geometrical Design Parameters of Windows in Residential Building: A comparison between hot and cold climates in the United States”, 4th Residential Building Design & Construction Conference, State college, USA, February 2018.
- Foroughi, R.; “Climate-responsive Strategies in Vernacular Houses in Northern Iran (Gilan)”, The International Journal of the Constructed Environment, November 2016, Volume 8-issue 2.
- Foroughi, R.; Asadi, S.; “Evaluating the Impact of Window Design on Building Energy Consumption”, 11th Conference on Advanced Building Skin (ABS), Bern, Switzerland, October 2016.
- Mostavi, E.; Foroughi, R.; Asadi, S.; “Integration of End-User Satisfaction in Multi-Objective Optimization Model in Design of High-Performance Commercial Building”, 16th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering (ICCCBE), Osaka, Japan, July 2016.
- Surveying, Soils and Foundations
- Construction Estimating
- Planning and Scheduling
- Construction Administration
- Integrated Project Design and Delivery
- Honors Thesis Preparation
- Internship & Internship Portfolio
Title: Assistant Department Chair, Associate Professor
Department: Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-8563