- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- M.E., Mechanical Engineering, Northern Arizona University
- M.S., Renewable Energy, Institute of Engineering, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- B.E., Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Engineering, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Professional Affiliations or Organizations:
- North American Wind Energy Academy (NAWEA)
I founded the International Association for the Integration of Science and Engineering (IAISAE). IAISAE organizes biennial Thermodynamics 2.0 Conference.
- Hybrid Energy System (Wind, Solar, Hydro etc.)
- Renewable Energy Storage and Integration
- Energy Access and Development
- Application of Thermodynamics for Sustainability and Human Society
- Poudel, Ram, Venkat Krishnan, James Reilly, Przemyslaw Koralewicz, and Ian Baring-Gould. "Integration of Storage in the DC Link of a Full Converter-Based Distributed Wind Turbine." 2021 IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting.
- Poudel, Ram, J. F. Manwell, and J. G. McGowan. "Performance analysis of hybrid microhydro power systems." Energy Conversion and Management 215 (2020): 112873.
- Poudel, Ram C., Heidi Tinnesand, and Ian Baring-Gould. "An Evaluation of Advanced Tools for Distributed Wind Turbine Performance Estimation." In Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 1452, no. 1, p. 012017. IOP Publishing, 2020.
- Poudel, Ram C. "Quantitative decision parameters of rural electrification planning: A review based on a pilot project in rural Nepal." Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 25 (2013): 291-300.
Courses Taught :
- Wind and Hydro Power Technology
- Battery-Based PV Systems
Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Department of Sustainable Technology & the Built Environment
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6361