- Ph.D., Agricultural Engineering, Cornell University
- M.S., Technology, Appalachian State University
- B.A., Biology, Wake Forest University
- Systems Modeling
- Society and Technology
Professional Affiliations or Organizations:
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
- Farm-based renewable energy
- Agricultural waste management
- Alternative transportation
- Renewable energy storage
- Regional energy policy
- Houser, J. B., and R. Pitt. 2008. Simulation of Soil Loss and Available Water Content to Assess the Sustainability of Selected Farm Practices. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture. Vol. 32 (3), pp. 507-527.
- Keplinger, K.O., J.B. Houser, J. B., L. M. Hauck, A. Tanter, and L. Beran. 2004. Cost and Affordability of Phosphorus Removal at Small Wastewater Treatment Plants. Small Flows Quarterly Vol. 5, Issue 4.
- Houser, J. B. and G. Hoogenboom. 2001. Environmental data collection, retrieval, and dissemination. The Georgia Engineer. 5(3):5-6.
- Hutson, J. L., R. E. Pitt, R. K. Koelsch, J. B. Houser and R. J. Wagenet. 1998. Improving Dairy Farm Sustainability II: Environmental Losses and Nutrient Flows. Journal of Production Agriculture. 11:2 pp 233-239.
- Pimentel, D., J. Houser, E. Preiss, O. White, H. Fang, L. Mesnick, T. Barsky, S. Tariche, J. Schreck, and S. Alpert. 1997. Water Resources: Agriculture, the Environment, and Society. Bioscience. 47:2 pp 97-106
- TEC 2029 Society and Technology
- TEC 3601 Energy Issues and Technology
- TEC 4700/5700 Biofuels Technology
Title: Associate Professor
Department: Department of Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-3123