Ph.D., Physics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 1996
B.S., Physics, West Chester University, West Chester, PA, 1989
Grid Interactive Renewable Energy Systems
Diverse Applications of Instrumentation
TEC 3610: Computer Applications for Renewable Energy Systems
TEC 3612: Instrumentation for Renewable Energy Systems
TEC 5270: Advanced Computer Modeling of Renewable Energy Systems
- Lauer, C. (2020) Minimizing Grid Interactions with a Residential Self-Consumption System that Includes PV and Battery Storage
Sprau, Z. (2017) Self-Consumption PV System Effects on Residential Grid Imports and Exports
O’Brien, R. (2017) Identification of Optimal Sites for Maximum Productivity from Utility-Scale Hybrid PV/Wind Systems
Sjostrand, J. (2017) Empirical Analysis of Short-Term Variability from Utility-Scale Solar Farms in North Carolina
Franco, P. (2016) Optimization of Self-Consumption for a PV System with Battery Storage and Load Management
Edge, C. (2016) Efficacy of the Fenton Reaction for Degrading Allura Red Azo Dye: Applications for Use in Hair Salon Greywater Treatment Systems
Painting, B. (2016) Modeling Energy Savings of Glazed and Unglazed Collectors Used for Space Heating, Water Heating, and Space Cooling
Burkett, L. (2015) Reduction in Thermal Resistance of Residential Wall Assemblies Based on Size and Distribution of Voids in Three Types of Insulation
- Sabry, M.S. & Raichle, B.W. (2014) Characteristics of Residential Tracker Accuracy in Quantified Direct Beam Irradiance and Global Horizontal Irradiance. Journal of Technology Innovations in Renewable Energy. 3, 44 – 57.
- Bandala, E.R. & Raichle, B.W. (2013). Solar driven advanced oxidation processes for water decontamination and disinfection. In N. Enteria & A. Akbarzadeh (ed.), Solar Energy Sciences and Engineering Applications (pp. 395 – 412). Leiden: CRC Press/Balkema.
- Yu, O.-Y., Raichle, B.W., & Sink, S.R. (2013). Impact of Biochar on the Water Holding Capacity of Loamy Sand Soil. International Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering. 4:44.
- Raichle, B.W., Sinclair, R.S. & Ferrell, J.C. (2012). Design and construction of a direct hydro powered coffee depulper. Energy for Sustainable Design, 16, 401-405.
- Raichle, B.W. & Carson, W.R. (2009). Wind resource assessment of the southern Appalachian ridges in the southeastern United States. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 13, 1104 - 1110.
Title: ST Program Coordinator, Professor
Department: Department of Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6351