- MA, Appropriate Technology, Appalachian State University, 2006
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 1995
- Battery-based solar
- Wind power
- Hydro power
- Sustainable technology in the developing world
- Computer modeling of renewable energy systems
Professional Affiliations or Organizations:
- Professional Engineer, State of North Carolina, License # 034486
- Summerville Wind & Sun, Inc., NC Professional Corporation # C-3595
- Summerville, B. (2017). Microhydro upgrade. Homepower, 177.
- Summerville, B. (2014). Campus wind power. Homepower, 161.
- Raichle, B. & Summerville, B. (2008). How tall is too tall?: Maximizing the return on your wind system. Homepower, 126.
- Scanlin, D., Summerville, B. & Dooraghi, M. (2006). Small wind initiative for western North Carolina. Homepower, 113.
Department: Department of Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-7243