- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University
- M.S. Alternative Energy Technology, Arizona State University
- B.S. Electronics Engineering, Konkuk University
- Solar PV technology
- PV cell and module fabrication
- PV system design
- PV reliability
- Cell and module characterization
- Building integrated PV
- PV system performance
Professional Affiliations or Organizations:
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- J. Oh, B. Rammohan, A. Pavgi, S. Tatapudi, G. Tamizhmani, G. Kelly, and M. Bolen, "Reduction of PV module temperature using thermally conductive backsheets," IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 1160-1167, 2018.
- J. Oh, B. Dauksher, S. Bowden, G. Tamizhmani, P. Hacke, and J. D’Amico, "Further studies on the effect of SiNx refractive index and emitter sheet resistance on potential-induced degradation," IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 7, pp. 437-443, 2017.
- J. Oh, G. Tamizhmani, S. Bowden, and S. Garner, "Surface disruption method with flexible glass to prevent potential induced degradation of the shunting type in PV modules," IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 7, pp. 62-67, 2017.
- J. Oh, S. Bowden, and G. Tamizhmani, "Potential induced degradation (PID): Incomplete recovery of shunt resistance and quantum efficiency losses," IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 5, pp. 1540-1548, 2015.
- TEC 3609: Photovoltaics I
- TEC 5608: Photovoltaic System Design and Construction
Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Department of Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-2617