- BA Degree, Dartmouth College. Double major: Engineering Sciences and Visual Studies. [Graduated With Distinction]
- Master of Architecture Degree, Harvard University Graduate School of Design.
- Editorial Staff, Harvard Architecture Review IV, "Monumentality and the City"
- Foundation Level Design
- Statics/Building Structures
- Computer Modeling
- Architecture, Commercial and Educational Projects
- Architecture, Campus Planning and Design
- Visualization and Representation
- Sustainable Design (LEED and HPSB)
- Construction Materials and Methods
- Painting and Architecture, 20th C
Professional Affiliations or Organizations:
- LEED AP (BD + C)
- Licensed Architect in the State of California
- AIA Member
Recent publications, lectures,and exhibitions include:
- “Prefabricating Charles Moore: Reinterpreted Saddlebags and Aediculae” [w/ Chad Everhart and James Russell]; 2012 ACSA Fall Conference, Philadelphia, PA, September 2012
- “Landscape with Human Figure,” 2011 ACSA Fall Conference, Houston, TX, October 2011
- “Integrating Technology: Reflections on Pollan’s A Place of My Own: The Architecture of Daydreams,” National Conference on the Beginning Design Student, University of Nebraska/Lincoln, April 2011
- “Hinging: Revit as a Tool for the Study of Kieran and Timberlake’s MANUAL,” National Conference on the Beginning Design Student, Georgia Tech, March 2008.
- “C. A. Debelius: Recent Work,” Exhibit, Knoxville Museum of Art, Knoxville, TN, June 22 - October 14, 2007.
- “Reflections on Simultaneity, Ambiguity, and the ‘Jellyfish’ Drawings of Daniel Castor,” 2007 ACSA Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, March 2007.
- “Painting Toward Architecture: Transparency, Simultaneity, and Variational Thickness in the Paintings of Robert Slutzky,” Public Lecture, University of Kentucky, February 2007.
- “.lightness.,” The Catholic University of America’s Summer Institute for Architecture Journal 2005. August 2005.
- “The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys: On the Pedagogic Weight of the Constructed Perspective Drawing,” ACSA Central Regional Conference, Judson College, October 2004.
- “El-Lissitzky, Irrational Space, and the Proun Studies“, ACSA Northeast Regional Conference, McGill University, October 2002; 2003 ACSA Annual Meeting, March 2003, Louisville, KY; 2003 International ACSA Conference, Helsinki, Finland, July 2003.
- TEC 3738: Statics
- TEC 4728: Commercial Building Design
- INT 1002: Visual Literacy II
- TEC 4738: Senior Architectural Design Studio I
- TEC 4748: Senior Architectural Design Studio II
Title: Associate Professor
Department: Department of Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-6575